Splash News Copyright Infringement
To combat the recent spike in illegal usage of our content, more specifically premium exclusives, we are engaging a copyright infringement company and doing an internal process review.
Our internal review consists of:
- Restricting exclusive content going to some of our sub-agents and customers (also restricting their access to the Splash websites).
- Doing an internal FTP audit (including No Access) and reviewing all staff FTP, website and uploader logins for suspicious activity. In the next few weeks we will be issuing new passwords for our FTP (Root, No Access etc), Splash websites and the uploader.
The new copyright infringement company (Okularity) will:
- Start by monitoring exclusive content.
- Issue take down notices and register infringed work with the US Copyright Office.
- Pursue consistent infringers, engage legal teams and take it to litigation if needed.
- Seek monetary damages where applicable (they have been very successful here in the past).